I’m to happy to say that I have now completed year number FOUR of my personal photo project!!! What started off as my 2×12 project in 2011, gradually morphed into a 3×12 project with the addition of Jack in 2013. It has been a great way to keep up with our growing family and with what was going on in our lives in each month! Is it always easy to grab a photo of the three of us? NO! But it is totally worth it, which is why we’ll continue on with the project.
While the original plan with this project was to use the camera’s self-timer to capture our photos, that has proven to be harder and harder with a toddler, so now I just hand the camera over to anyone and take what I can get. December’s photo is a perfect example of what it’s like to take a photo with a one-year old! Haha. Jack normally does great getting his photo taken, but this was at the end of a long night and he was in no mood. :-)
Before I show you the 2014 collage, here’s what went on in December for us…
- Celebrated James’ 29th birthday
- Participated in The Journey at our church. For those who don’t know, it’s huge outdoor interactive event where you get to experience the night Christmas began. It attracts thousands of visitors each year we put it on and is one of our biggest outreach events. James led the music for the people waiting to go through The Journey for several nights throughout the two week experience, and I took pictures.
- Shot James & Tina’s wedding in downtown Savannah
- Celebrated the holiday season with one Christmas party after another. It was a busy month. :-)
- Took part in an awesome (and hilarious) Volunteer Appreciation Night at church (which is where our photo was taken this month). Volunteers were treated like celebrities at a red carpet event and the staff went out of their way to honor all of the awesome volunteers, along with providing lots of laughs! I took part by setting up my photo booth and taking photos of all of the guests out on the red carpet. So much fun!
- Celebrated CHRISTMAS!!! This year was a no travel year for us, due to James’ schedule, but it was actually quite nice to be at our house and enjoy some good family time. My parents came down to visit for a few days, which might as well have been Jack’s favorite Christmas present.
So here it is– our 2014 3×12 Photo Project!
I don’t know about you, but to me it looks way cooler when we get to the end of the year and I see it all put together! I can look at each image and tell you exactly where we were, what was going on, if that day was a holiday, etc. I love that about photos.
If you’ve been thinking doing a personal project like this (self-portrait or family), it’s not too late to start for 2015!
Check out our past years here: 2011, 2012, 2013